Friday, July 29, 2005

Some Unspoken Words



Remember the night
When we laid awake in a single bed?
We were cloaked behind the dark blanket
Of midnight
You and I, blankly staring at each other.

Your lips and mine
Have finally obtained tangency
Bridged by warm breath,
Bound by the soothing feel of a tender touch.

It was supposed to be the night
That I would break free,
That I would finally affirm that indeed,
Things have already changed for me.

But as your soft breath whispered
Words of a hollow promise
And an uncertain hope,
I turned back.

It could have been the night when
I would confess that all this time..
I was ruled by nothing but guilt;
When I could not escape your middling allure.

It was the ultimate chance for us,
If only we are not bordered
By this impending boundary called
Friendship.

No comments: